For Us To Make Your Website
The Basic Site Package includes a Home page, two content pages, an About/Bio page, and a Contact page. Five pages in all. This is flexible, however, such as a testimonials page, etc., at no extra charge. Fees for e-commerce will vary based upon need.
How Does It Work?
1) We speak on the phone or via email in order to make sure that we are really ready to make your website. Being ready for your website means that you have all content - images, video/audio and text - organized and ready for us to work with. We do not write content nor appropriate images from the internet. You must supply all images and content. Unless this content is ready, we cannot proceed with your website. Text documents should be either .doc or .docx MS Word files. Images should be .jpgs, .pngs, .gifs, etc. They should be as large as possible. No .pdf's, please, unless absolutely necessary.
2) If you are ready with your content, then we meet and discuss your needs and decide on the type of website that you need and it's style. This meeting will last about an hour and free of charge. Since we have no office and cannot receive clients at home, we recommend your home, studio, or office, a coffee shop, or Santa Barbara City College. If you would like to meet at a coffee shop, we recommend Lighthouse Coffee at Cliff Drive and Meigs Road or The French Press at Cota and Anapamu streets since they are spacious and rarely too crowded. If we agree on going forward with the project, you must supply us with content at this time.
3) At this point we arrange for payment. Our flat rate is $500 per site with a non-refundable $200 retainer upon agreeing to move forward. The $200 retainer is part of the flat rate and will be deducted from the final fees.
4) If you have already registered and/or hosted your site elsewhere, such as GoDaddy, we will need usernames and passwords for those accounts. We cannot move forward without them... Hopefully, you have not taken these unnecessary steps, so that we can start from scratch and keep everything in one place. If we are in trouble with any of those services, we may have to charge extra to untangle the mess, especially GoDaddy. We will inform you of these extra expenses, if they apply, before we begin work.
5) We will then design your site around the content elements and creative feedback that you are able to share with us. During this first phase of the project, we will create three layouts and send you screenshots of each in order to see which one is appropriate for you needs.
6) When we decide on which domain name and hosting packages to use, ... unless you have already made other arrangements for them.
7) We push the button to purchase your domain name, hosting and your real, live website. This is costs $????? a year and includes a free domain name for the first year. This fee is paid by you.
8) Upon agreed completion of the website, you will please pay the remaining $300 for our services.
** Please note, upon signing the contract for services, we will have 30 days to complete the project. If the project is not completed within that time, it will be shelved. When you are ready to revive the project, you will be charged a $100 re-activation fee up front before we will be able to resume work. **
Recommended Options Include:
If you would like to have www.yoursitename.com as your website address and you are already hosted, then we simply move a little code around. If you are not already hosted, then we purchase the ...
If you already own your site name, then we simply host it with ... per year.
If you are registering your domain name yourself, please do not use GoDaddy, 1&1, etc. They are basically shysters with huge marketing budgets and it is extremely difficult to get what you think you own out of their clutches. The best method is to use one service, such as Weebly, Wix, etc., for all domain and hosting needs. If you are already registered through GoDaddy or 1&1, there will be a $25 per hour fee per domain name to transfer registration and hosting to the service that we use.
If you would like extra features such as password protection, shopping cart, audio and video, then we purchase … per year.
And there's even more good news. Once your website is completed, you can edit it yourself as much as you like! If you are motivated to learn a few things, we will be happy to show you how so that your site is completely under your control. But, if you prefer to have us do it for you - add or swap images, add or alter text, etc., - our hourly rate is $25 per hour, with a two hour minimum.
All private information, such as usernames, passwords, etc., shared with Tim Houston Design will remain confidential between the client, Tim Houston Design, and the design and hosting services. Private information will not be shared with any other party under any circumstances.
Right of Use
Tim Houston Design reserves the right to use any website built by Tim Houston Design for portfolio and promotional purposes, unless otherwise agreed upon. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Payment and Fees
The site must be completed within 30 days. If the project goes over 30 days, it will be shelved and there will be a $100 re-activation fee payable before any further action is taken. If this is not acceptable, then the site will be de-activated and shredded.
All content shall be supplied by the client. If the client requires Tim Houston Design to supply content, write or edit copy, optimize images, etc., extra fees will be negotiated in advance.
These fees are not included in the estimate supplied on the Tim Houston Design website. Estimates on the Tim Houston Design website are estimates only. Prices may vary depending on domain, hosting and package options, as well as for extra pages and features added to the basic package.
A Note on Content
We do not accept commissions for projects that contain political, religious or pornographic material.
A Note on Services
We do not work with WordPress.com or WordPress.org design services.